We’re officially moved in…the last box came home yesterday. It’s weird to now refer to it as “home,” after somewhere else being home for the last 2 years. We had about 12 hours of moving, and about 61987 car trips. The only thing fully unpacked is the kitchen. I can live out of suitcases and boxes for awhile, but I MUST have a fully functional kitchen ASAP. There’s no food to actually speak of, but if I decided I wanted to whip up dinner, I now have the tools to do so.
However, we’re currently living with sheets hanging as curtains. The first night we slept on the floor on an air mattress because we didn’t have a mattress. Laundry is being done at my Moms house. The kitchen is full of boxes, and the kitchen furniture is disassembled leaning against the walls. It’s going to be a while before we’re fully moved in. Here’s the list of things that need to be done that I’ve thought of so far…
- Measure all windows, find shades and/or curtains.
- Get more keys made (I’ve already had to break in once because I’ve locked myself out…).
- Go to Walmart:
- 3M tape (We want to minimize the holes in the walls.)
- Magic Erasers (Dirty walls…)
- Spray Paint
- Rope lights for kitchen cabinets? (There’s not as much light as I’d like in the kitchen.)
- Light Bulbs (!!!!)
- New Screws for dresser so it can be used (I FINALLY recieved my knobs that I ordered online for the yellow dresser, but the screws were so long that the knobs stuck out of the dresser…)
- Pick up ottoman.
- Spray a sealant on kitchen table.
- Sand, prime, paint kitchen table legs.
- Sand, prime, paint kitchen chairs.
- Spray paint floor lamps. (We got some sweet floor lamps from the Fireman’s aunt, but they are in desperate need of some new paint…)
- Get table measurements for new table.
- Get coffee table. (The Fireman’s father is letting us borrow a table he made for his mother out of sugar pine. It is TO DIE FOR.)
- Check out couch. (We don’t have one yet, and my Gramp’s friend is getting rid of one…I like free.)
- Curtains for bathroom cabinet?
- New spring for lamp. It keeps falling down.
That’s it for now. I’m sure I’ll think of more.